“I think the TV model is broken,” said Mr. Floyd.
Its not like we didn’t see this one coming. I’m just surprised that it has taken this long for the tipping point to get here.
- Cost of Content for Cable Providers is going up as their subscriber base is dropping.
- Providers are responding by dropping channels and raising rates.
- This trend is just going to continue.
- Aggregate digital distribution channels (Netflix, Hulu) take the place of current Cable TV providers.
- Cable Providers shift to infrastructure providers
- Content providers move direct to consumer, or get in bed with existing services such as NetFlix & Hulu.
Honestly, as a subscriber, I’ve been wanting “A la carte” subscription for years now.
Powered by Facebook Comments